So Adobe has come out with another upgrade – Big deal, you say – Why should I upgrade to CS3? Is it worth the extra expense? The answer is a resounding “yes”! .
Here are five excellent reasons to upgrade (There are lots more, but I’ve found these to be the most useful):
1) New RAW converter – To me, this new feature alone is worth the price of the upgrade. You now have so much control with new tonal and color features such as “Recovery”, “Fill Light”, “Blacks”, “Clarity”, “Vibrance” and “Tone Curve”. For more information, please contact me for a more detailed outline on this from my upcoming E Book.
2) “Refine Edge” – This is a dramatic improvement from the “Feather” function in CS2. After making a selection, you can not only feather, but you can control so much more, and preview the effect.
3) Black and White Conversion – With this adjustment, you can make strikingly strong black and white images from your existing color images.
4) Quick Selection Tool – Think of this new tool as the Magic Wand tool on steroids.
5) New “Curves” Functions – Simply put, the new “Curves” is a vast improvement over the old version, with lots of new and useful functionality.
So, if these new features intrigue you, don’t just take my word for it – You can download a 30 day free trial from Adobe here and find out for yourself.